Jacket was finished last night, i had to wait until this morning to try it on him though and i was a little nervous as i thought it would be too small. Turns out it fits perfectly which is great, but also bad because it means he won’t get much wear out of it. But it’s better than being too small. The pattern was really easy to follow and i love the way it looks but for the next one i’ll make a few alterations such as making the collar a little bigger so it reaches further around to the front, and i’ll also make the arms a little wider as they are snug with a long sleeve top under.
I tried to get him to stand up for a few seconds so i could get a better shot but he wasn’t in the mood, too busy crawling around exploring the veranda but you get an idea.I worked out that this jacket cost me about $3 in materials. The fabrics were both from a recent op shop find, the outside is mustard/tan colored fine corduroy and it is fully lined in a warm stripy flannelet. The buttons were also from a op shop and cost me 10 cents for eight. The original pattern did have pockets but i decided to leave them off because they were a bit fiddly and he doesn’t need them anyway.
He wore it out this morning to mothers group at a cafe and got quite a few comments and complements. I’ve also had a few requests to make more via email and on facebook after posting some photos this morning. I have cut out a few more and when i get the time I’ll sew them together and stick them up on etsy. Just in time for the cooler weather to hit.